Re: filtering out unwanted email

> This kind of condescension overlooks the simple fact that not
everyone > receiving the xywrite list is using a unix account.
Not all mailers are > so amenable to dealing with unwanted mail.

  So use an off-line reader. I might suggest RFD for those of
you who are both enamored by windoz and stuck in a vax/vms
world. Or do as I do -- my home account --
seaverh@xxxxxxxx is one of those disgustingly archaic
vaxen, brain-dead to the extreme, but I just telnet elsewhere and
use one of my Unix accounts to get all my e-mail and newsgroups.
And freenet unix accounts are available, cheap (usually free),
and serve a myriad of purposes. Like getting usenet newsgroups
for the electronically-challenged.
  Actually, although I've never bothered to take the time to
look, there are probably VMS mailers you can find on the net to
take the place of the one provided by your sysadmin. You don't
always have to put up with the junk that comes with your account.
Of course, learning how to play games with
VMS is mega-horrible. Whoops, there I go again, bad-rapping
another OS. Sorry. And this whole thread is getting seriously
off-topic. Sorry I started it.