Re: Default font

I have tried all the regular fonts, and of them I like Consolas the best.
One of the others does not clearly distinguish the zero from the capital "O."

I just tried out Google's font Cousine, which I like better than Consolas
on vDos-lfn for Xy. Cousine .ttf files can be downloaded from:

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/cousine

Hi Harry, Robert J. Sawyer has added to his page on using WordStar under vDos-lfn with an extensive discussion of employing various font families with vDos-lfn. He had mentioned that most of the information will be of use to all vDos-lfn users, not just those using WordStar. So you and other vDos-lfn users may want to see the link below that discusses suitable fonts for vDos-lfn on his page: http://sfwriter.com/ws-vdos.htm#fonts Hope the information will be useful. Wengier On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:38 PM, Wengier W wrote: Hi Harry, Yes, directives like ITALFONT, BOLDFONT and BOITFONT require the FONT directive to be set. You cannot use external TTF fonts as italic/bold/bold italic fonts when you use the internal font as the default font. I believe the internal font was created by Jos, the author of vDos, so I have no idea about its real name. The internal font is not directly compatible with external TTF fonts being set as italic/bold/bold italic fonts; I tried once to combine them but the result looked bad so I disabled such combinations. So you do need to set the FONT directive in order to make xxxxFONT directives to take effect. Hope this helps. Wengier On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:09 PM, Harry Binswanger wrote: Wengier, I like the default font that you get if you don't specify a font for FONT in config.txt. But if I do that, I can't get the fonts I try to specify for the italics, bold, etc. I'm thinking that if I knew the name of the default font, I could assign that and then be able to use the other fonts, such as CONSOLAI for italics and SourceCodePro-Bold for bold. I'm using 1.53 and I switched the syntax from FONTxxxx to xxxxFONT, so that's not the problem. Let me be quite explicit: This doesn't give CONSOLAI, etc. #FONT=\fonts\LUCON ITALFONT=\fonts\CONSOLAI BOLDFONT=\fonts\SourceCodePro-Bold BOITFONT=\fonts\SourceCodePro-Bold This works fine: FONT=\fonts\LUCON ITALFONT=\fonts\CONSOLAI BOLDFONT=\fonts\SourceCodePro-Bold BOITFONT=\fonts\SourceCodePro-Bold Thanks very much. Regards, Harry