Re: Await file U2 routine

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Sun, 26
Sep 2004 18:35:25 -0400

Patricia:

> Is this routine (very useful, of course) supposed to return
> "Application error.." until the file actually exists....

No, it displays a prompt: "Awaitfile [filename]: Timeout in [n]
seconds". Try issuing it from the CMline, using a non-existent
filename: AWAITFILE foo.

Is there a typo somewhere? There should be no space between "await"
and "file".

Awaitfile is designed to avoid timing problems when the "awaited"
file is being created by a process _external to XyWrite_. With a
native command such as PRINTF (a/k/a TYF), Awaitfile is overkill; a
simple WAIT will do:

BX tyfQ2 BX waitQ2 ;*;

> I tried embedding ERRCODE, and was told Error 21290, but cannot
> find where there's a list of all the error codes.

ERRCODE /NV lists all error messages. The message for
error codes higher than 1351 is "Application error ....". This is
the message you see when you try to call a non-existent U2 routine
(although I get error code 16215, not 21290). That's why I suspect
a typo.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx