Re: Brother laser (semi-O.T. ?)

In doing this kind of research online, with "professional"
reviews plus reviews from users, one generally finds Pro and
Con comments that differ widely and contradict each other.
(This is true for almost any product.) But issues emerge, and
hopefully there gets to be some consensus.
Yes. And I recently found all the reviews were wrong for Magic Jack, a
voice over IP product sold by Radio Shack. I found a slew of only extremely
negative reviews, but having invested $35 dollars product, I decided to go
ahead and install it, and it worked great.
To continue way off-topic, I recommend Magic Jack as a way of adding a
phone line to your computer (I'm using it on my laptop while I'm away from
home). It's utter simplicity: you plug something the size of a flash-drive
into a USB port and then a regular (RJ-11?) phone line into it and . . .
voila, you've got a (sort of) land line. Voice quality is much better than
cell, and you don't get charged any minutes (okay, there's a trivial annual
charge, but they are right now offering it at $5 per YEAR, if you pay in
advance). And you get to choose (from a limited list) the first 6 digits of
your 10-digit phone number.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx