Fw: Buying new computer - what operating systems will work with Xywrite

I apologize if you receive this email twice.  I sent it last night around midnight and it was never delivered to my inbokx.  Equally relevant, I have not recceived any emails from the xywrite list in two days.  Also I noticed the date on my computer was wrong and I do not know whether that could have an impact on an email system.

mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or mailto:af413@xxxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
From: mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx href="mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxxAvrom Fischer
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx href="xywrite@xxxxxxxxXywrite
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 1:12 AM
Subject: Buying new computer - what operating systems will work with Xywrite

My no name clone just died.  It had windows xp professional and 2 gigs of ram and an amd aetholon 2400 chip. Since this is the third no-name clone that did not last two years I am back to name brands.  I was satisfied with xywrite under winxp so long as I opened it in full screen and only had one session of xywrite going but there were problems from time to time.  My previous experience with xywrite under win98se was much more satisfactory when I started in command prompt at startup instead of going to the desktop.

Snce I have to start all over I would like this to time to go with a dual boot of xp and 98se.  98se for xywrite and xp for surfing the net, email, opening documents that come in other formats than text mode , looking at pictures I receive in email and ocr. I never create or edit graphics or video or music or games.   Is a dual boot sytems with 98se and xp feasible.  It does not bother me to restart my pc to switch operating systems and that is not a factor to me.  It is relatively rare when working in xywrite that I need data that is only accessible in a windows environment.  In using xywrite I never switch fonts and have no need for anything other than ascii from 1-128. Other than to see open deltas I am always in draft mode with line wrap. My major concern is that xywrite not freeze at a critical moment which happens from time to time under xp.

I would like to get a new computer with 4 gigs of ram, I do not care particularly about the processor speed or the size of the hard drive since what ever is available from dell, hp etc is more than adequate.

I am considering a dual boot system with win98se and winxp pro if that is feasible.  Can win98se work on a sysem with 4 gigs of ram.  What am I not considering or overlooking.

I know there is a limitation on windows 98se when the ram is over half a gig but there is a work around at least up to one gig because I am now running windows 98se on an old Dell with one gig of ram..  Is there a work around at 4 gigs for windows 98se.  Unfortunately I no longer remember what the work around is or where I got it from.

For the moment I am now using a dell with one gig of ram and a 750 megahrz intel chip and both windows 98se and windows 2000 and it seems to work except that I do not like windows 2000