re: XP Keyboard remap question

Bill,
  if you haven't solved this yet, a couple suggestions. First, poke around the Web for a utility
called KeyChange or Intes KeyChange; it works with NT4 and may have been updated for XP.
  Does XP have a Registry like NT4? If so, open it and look for this entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\KeyBoard Layout

If it exists, I can email you instructions for editing it to make the swap.

  There are at least two other utilities that work as ctrl<>capslock toggles with NT4, so you should be able to find something. Be careful, though: at least one that I downloaded would only work within an apps window, not on the desktop or in explorer me
  -otis