Re: Win-style undo?

Reply to note from "Tabitha M. Powledge"  Sun, 13 Jun
1999 21:57:36 -0400

-> Can I rejigger the keyboard so that the Del key will zap
-> selections just like Shift+F12 does?

You can rejigger the Del key so that it reminds you to take a coffee
break between 11:00 and 11:15 every morning! Of course you can make
it zap selections. Open your keyboard file in eXPanded view. Using
XY4.KBD as an example, the command would be:

CA/100 XY4.KBD

(If you're unsure where you .KBD file is, command VA/NV $KB to find
out.) SEarch for the line TABLE=. Now SEarch for the next instance
of 83= or 95=. (83 is the Del key on the far right of the standard
104-key keyboard; 95 is the other Del key.) Put one or more semi-
colons ahead of the existing assignment (so you can easily restore it
if you change your mind), then add the new assignment on the next
line, like this:

;;83=RC
83=RD

SAve the file, then reload it: LOAD XY4.KBD. Your Del key will
now zap selections. But note that that's all it'll do. It won't
delete individual characters any more! If you want it to delete
individual chars when no text is selected, the new assignment would be

83=DD

Those are two basic options for what you want to do. There are
others. If you want to delete the block with no possibility of
restoring it via the Undelete menu, use func DN instead of RD. If you
want the possibility of restoring the block with XPL only (via
programming Save/Get 1816), use func NU. There are further options if
you load the XyWWWeb Jumbo U2.

Oh, yes. To be reminded about your coffee break between 11:00 and
11:15, the assignment is:

83=DDJM2,.,P,r,s,K,b,d,A,r,g,Q2x,m,
,[,S,X,0,1,CO[,V,A,$,T,M,],],[,I,F,[,V,A,$,M,T,],<,1,],COB,X,d,
,m,t,=,1,Q,2,[,S,X,0,1,CO[,V,A,$,T,M,],],COB,X,d,
,m,t,=,0,Q,2,[,E,I,],[,S,X,0,2,CO[,V,A,@,0,1,:,1,],],[,S,X,0,1,CO[,V,A
,a,k,e, ,a, ,c,o,f,f,e,e, ,b,r,e,a,k,!,],[,E,X,],[,E,I,],NO

(This requires the Jumbo U2; delete all 's within this code,
except the one after the final func NO.)

One lump, or two?

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/