Re: XyIII+ in WinXP

At 08:30 AM 7/13/2007, Mark Garvey wrote:
Well, that couldn't have been easier. I followed the instrux, created a shortcut, and voila.  It's coming up in a small-ish window that I'm unable to resize.  I'd be interested in hearing how to run it full-screen, or at least in a larger screen than it's running in now (I'm on a 14-inch laptop, and the Xy window is taking up about a quarter of the screen.
After not running Xy for at least three years, it's interesting how quickly some of my keyboard shortcuts came to mind. Told you those neural pathways were burned in.

Thanks again, and any pointers about changing screen size, fonts, etc. would be appreciated.

Mark

Get to Editor in the usual fashion:
        From start menu, click command prompt
        cd c:\xywrite (or whatever is the directory name for your XyWrite)
        editor

At this point, try alt plus enter and you should get a handsome, full-screen display of  XyWrite.  Just like the appearance of old!

Somebody gave us this information a few weeks ago, and I am most appreciative.  That tiny DOS window on top of the XP desktop was a real bummer.

Before I was given the above gem, I could change the font size (in the DOS window) by the following method, but it didn't do a thing about improving the depth of the XyWrite text screen:
        on start menu, L click on command prompt
        R click on blue bar at top of DOS frame
        L click on "properties".
        in "font" menu, change 8 x 12 to 12 x 16.

The other way is much better!

jmrb