From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Morris Krok
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 12:14 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Suffixes & SPL

from Morris,

 There is method in my madness in sending the file on spellings
and plurals.
This merely a prelude to what I am quering in this e-mail.

 Has anyone thought of writing an XPL program that takes the root
word and
without listing its derivatives, enables one to add the
appropriate suffix
to it so that the one you want appears in the text you are
typing. This
refers to an SPL (;SP;)file of abbreviations and longforms.

 For instance the word "receive", has as its shortform "rcv" but
without
listing its alternative such as "received", "receives",
"receiver",
"receiving", and "receivership", it will enable you to select the
appropriate one with the minimum of key presses.

 I know that PRD+ (Productivity Software International) has one.

 By the way thank you for calling my attention to "weigh" and
"neighbor" as
examples not following the rule.