Re: Drive Image--OT

Jordan wrote
Data files do not a boot partition make. The point
is, if you have an elaborate, mature Win install with
a lot of app.s, a lot of set defaults / preferences in
the OS and app.s, it is a huge, flaming PITA to
rebuild it from scratch.
Yes, yes, yes! That's exactly what I'm saying. So I still don't know
whether Drive Image is accomplishing that preservation of non-data stuff or
not.
*Even so*, there are system migration tools being
sold, which claim to finesse much of this, so that you
don't lose your well-customized former install. Aloha
Bob PC Relocator is one. I think Acronis may have
another. Some say a product called IntelliMover is
currently the best of this breed.

So they do something Drive Image doesn't???

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx