Re: general curiosity

** Reply to note from hickling@xxxxxxxx (Lee Hickling) Sun, 24 Nov 1996 07:23:12 -0500 (EST)

> Here's an example of my problems: I create and name a new document, and find
> that the program has defaulted to the Courier face, and none of the commands
> I try will change it to Swiss. The only way I can get the typeface menu is
> to start with an untitled document. Which is OK, but it seems as though
> there should be a way to change fonts even though I named the document going
> in.

I just started a NEw DUMMY.FIL in XyWin, typed a few words, then hit Alt-M,
F, selected a different Typeface (than the default, which is established
via the UF variable in XWSET.DFL), different pointsize, hit Enter, and --
Voil?! New typeface. If this doesn't work for you, then there is
something fundamentally wrong with your setup. I think Ctrl-T may also
take you to the typeface dialog box...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx