Outlining collapsing

  A friend of mine in Norway who is a longtime XyWriter has a
request for an outlining facility in Xy 3+. As you'll see, he
wants the ability to collapse and expand levels, which I would
also enjoy having. I don't think this is in
Smartset, is it Carl?
  Here's his message:
 I want to have a macro in Xy (III, of course) which gives me
hierarchy-level style outlining, like WinWord. That's the only
feature about WinWord I really like, but it's not enough for me
to defect from Xy, of course. Aside from that it's just not
kosher, the purist in me also hates the stupid plus/minus signs
in WinWord which indicate "full" or "empty" levels - and the WW
expert I know tell me there's no way to get rid of those. (Thank God
- or I might have been tempted to use it! The temptation of that
outlining feature is part of what corrupted you, right?)
 What I want is to first write short notes like this (tabs
create indents):
 Bla bla bla
    Bla bla bla
        Bla bla bla
            Bla bla bla
        Bla bla bla
            Bla bla bla
            Bla bla bla
        Bla bla bla Bla bla bla
    Bla bla bla
        Bla bla bla
            Bla bla bla
                Bla bla bla Bla bla bla
    Bla bla bla
    Bla bla bla
        Bla bla bla
 Etc., etc. - plain vanilla hierachical structuring.
 And then I want to press a key and have the deepest level
disappear; press again, the next deepest disappear, etc., thus
"compressing" the text and letting my crow breathe easier - just
like in WinWord. I do NOT want any fancy numbering.

   Hope someone can help.
   Harry Binswanger
   HBinswanger@xxxxxxxx