Re: (XP)Win2K/VirtualBox/Win 8.1

OK, I now have finally got XyWrite working under XP under VirtualBox
under Win 8.1.

Actually, it looks great, and is very responsive. I don't know why it's so much more responsive and better looking and easier to work with than Win2K, but it demonstrably is.

One of the things that most surprised me was that it automatically works with a resolution appropriate to the 3200x1600 screen, which I had to downgrade as a shortcut to making the interface elements larger.

Pointer actions are natural and transparent, quite unlike Win2K.

I STILL don't have a network drive accessible !!! However, I do have rudimentary communication of some kind. I will now try to do a VBOX share as Kari suggested for Win2K but may not be sophisticated enough to do that.

At any rate, I've found that it works.

One thing that surprises me, however, is that my Mac Vbox images, created earlier this year for another computer, no longer work. Baffling.

Many thanks - - B