Re: Backup--OT

Hmmm. You make a good point. I'll have to think about it. I saw a youtube
on Thunderbod with SSD, and the Mac booted in 12 seconds over it.
Harry, I wouldn't do software RAID. I am convinced there are problems. Also, if there is a disk corruption problem, it will simply be duplicated - - on either software or hardware RAID 1. (It's for that reason that you can run chkdsk on a RAID 1 volume, but not on a RAID 0, 5, etc.). In the end, I prefer the system I have, where ShadowProtect does incremental backups every 180 minutes, so I cannot lose more than that. Once I have figured out how to boot SP's recovery environment on this new computer, I will be happy. I am about to try a USB stick boot.
I asked an engineer friend of mine at LaCie (now Seagate) if there was a
speed penalty when using a (properly configured) external Tbolt drive as a
boot drive, and he replies, none whatever. This may also be true for USB 3
- - I have to verify.