Re: period double space

** Reply to message from "Myron Gochnauer"  on Tue, 21 May 2002
08:21:14 -0700

> Does anyone have a 'regularize-the-ends-of-sentences' macro?

Yes. In the next U2 (should be v112, soon-ish). Framename SP2. Intelligent
two spaces after "real" sentence-ending punctuation (.|?|!), and two lines
between paragraphs. Can be run in interactive mode (stops on each punctuation,
awaits an OK), otherwise (default) just "goes" from current CharPos to EOF.

> And while we're at it, a little extra leading after paragraphs looks and
> reads nicely, too, at least for single spaced (or "auto-leaded") text.

Embedded command "LL x,y" does that: the "x" value is *extra* leading between
paras, the "y" parameter is extra leading between lines. You indicate the
"extra" amount, above and beyond the prevailing LS (or else auto-lead) value.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx