Re: Saving to D--Packet Writing

On Packet writing CDs, I have used DirectCD since
version 1 and have tried every succeeding CD and
DVD version and have never found it to be reliable.

I have tried Nero's version, and found it equally
troublesome. The only way I know to write a data CD
or DVD reliably is by writing standard ISO disks
using software such as Toast or Nero, with the
exception of DVD-RAM, which is built to look
like a hard drive (to the extent of including
error correction unlike other CD and DVD types).

What is the experience of others? or is this
too off-topic?

While we're off-topic, a tip: to the best
of my knowlege, the best CD and DVD media
is made by Taiyo Yuden, which is not branded
as such in the US. Tapes.com appears to be
a reliable US mail and web order supplier,
as I discovered in the course of researching
a review.