Re: Win2K/VirtualBox/Win 8.1

Hi Bill,

It should work like a network between a real Win2K and Win 8.1.
Personally, I have limited myself to a shared folder approach
(VirtualBox does this through a network). It is installed as follows:
1) In VirtualBox, go to Settings, Shared folders, click on the Add a new
shared folder, I have ticked only the 'Make permanent' option. Pick the
folders you want, e.g. your host Desktop or a special folder to drop
files from the host system. In my case, I use some older software to
format web pages, I have the web editor in W2K and edit the contents of
a shared folder on the host, and FTP the result from the host.
2) To get the right letter for the share, I opened a Win2K command line
and issued 'net use x: \\vboxsvr\share' command, where 'x:' is the drive
letter you want, and 'share' is the name of the share you just installed
in the previous step.
3) Then, in Win2K, go to My computer, and make a shortcut to the
appropriate \\vboxsvr on your Win2K desktop.

A complete account on Virtual Box networking can be found here:
https://blogs.oracle.com/fatbloke/entry/networking_in_virtualbox1

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)