From: Jay McNally [mailto:jmcnally@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 1:32 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Outlook Alternative

Tim Olson writes that he has an 11-yr-old Civic w/117,000 miles, "yada,
yada, yada," but want to get back to XyWrite "PLEASE" (his emphasis).  I've
got a Ford Aerostar w/ 128,000 miles.

Well, I happen to think the folks who use XyWrite have got to the some of
the smartest folks on the planet, and I rather enjoy the miscellaneous
gibber-jabber on this site, particularly about Outlook,which I am forced to
use at my company.

  I feel like I'm reading stuff from people who know reality. I'd love to
have dinner with some of the folks who contribute here. Admittedly, I'm
very new to this site.

As for cars, since Tim Olson started a new thread, let me add some advice I
got yesterday from a father of 10 (with 3-or 4 of college age) that any
sensible person -- that would be a XyWriter -- can use:

1) He always buys cars w/ over 100,000 miles because "they've proven they
are good cars" and the cost is next to nothing.
2) He has bought 8 used -- as in "really used" Dodge Colts over the years
and thinks they are maybe the best around for very basic and cheap
transportation.

ps....  I won't do this again.

====