Re: OT: combining Word files for XyWrite project

At 7:17 PM -0600 01.1.18, Alison Tartt wrote:
>Using WordPort's filters, I'm going to be importing Word 97 files into
>XyWrite 3+ so that I can edit them. As it turns out, the author of this
>book created a separate Word file for each page in the book! So I'm dealing
>with six chapters (folders in Windows Explorer), each containing zillions
>of files (they fill up an entire CD). Aside from opening each file and
>doing a copy/paste into a new chapter-level file, is there any batch
>process that anyone knows of that will combine multiple files into one?

What I would do is give a DIR command, take the list of files from the
screen, use Pfunc to add BC merge in front of every line, remove
unnecessary files, change the order where required, and voila, all you need
to do is run this to concenate all those file into one.

The XY experts naturally can come up with something more clever, but the
above works fine for me.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)