Re: WILDCARD by CLD

Fred Weiner wrote:
... it comes up fine. Press the keys corresponding to
the wildcard options and there they are. Press  which
I assume returns us to normal processing, and what happens
is cursor repositions into the
text window and the WILDCARD activity remains active!

And Robert Holmgren wrote:
I can't reproduce that. When I hit Escape key, the routine quits
Same here; just tried it. BUT if I try it with numlock on, I get what
Fred reports (hitting numlock to turn it off lets escape work again).
We've seen reports of odd (to say the least) numlock behaviour under
later versions of Windows before. What Windows are you running? XySearch
under numlock (and numblock, which is how some people spelled it) for
some of the vagaries involved.
BUT, capslock also causes Escape to fail. Does your keyboard have leds
to indicate the state of caps-, num-, and scroll lock?

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx

 (the
*real* Escape key, not some reassigned or relocated Escape key -- which would be
a *very bad idea*). Maybe you are not operating in the UNSHIFTED state? In
other words, if you have the CAPSLOCK or NUMLOCK or some other shifting
key ON, it's not going to work. This frame is perhaps a little more sensitive to
the keyboard state than it needs to be... I suggest that you change the
single
instance of "VA$SC" to "VA$KC", then LOADHELP (to SAve your edit
and
reLOAD U2), and then try that. Let us know.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx

--
Patricia M. Godfrey