Re: What am I doing wrong?

Dan Kanagy in Tokyo reports a problem when using the expanded
memory switch in connection with a specified .INT filename.

The solution is to designate the .INT filename *before* the
expanded memory switch, notwithstanding what the documentation
says.

For example: EDITOR [testfile], simple.int /E7000

I reported this problem to TTG and received the above fix in
July 1993 (that's just a month short of TWO YEARS AGO). As far
as I am aware, TTG has never made any attempt to correct what is
really just a documentation problem, and as a consequence users
continue to be frustrated with a simple thing that is
misdocumented.

Bug lists, readme files, documentation updates . . . TTG has
never heard of them, and actually gets quite defensive when such
things are suggested.

 Thomas J. Hawley    tjh@xxxxxxxx
 New York      fax +1 212 475 8764