Re: Printing from XyDOS to a network printer

Wolfie:

Have you tried:
Settings/Printer/Add then you select the printer and assign a port for Xy to use--maybe not a real port like LPT1. I use LPT3. Along the way, you tell it that it is a network printer and that you do print from DOS. You'll see the check boxes for those options. After Windows is happy, you add the printer as being on that port into your Xy settings.dfl file. E.g.:

LPT3  C:\XY\HP4-PLUS.PRN            HP 4 on Jean's computer

Don't forget to increment the PP: number that is above the list of printers.
For some reason, it wouldn't work until I put a tab between the LPT3 and the pathname, even though a few spaces worked fine for the other printers listed.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx