RE: PIF files for XP

--- Jim Eberle  wrote:

> We switched in and out Compac and HP monitors, and
> although that may not
> have been a good test because the companies are now
> one, the situation
> did not change. What did change originally was the
> substitution of the
> analog cable with a digital cable.
> Jim Eberle

This could be a purely hardware issue. I've recently
seen a query on another list, pertaining to a signal
issue with a particular video card. (I could look up
what the card was, if that matters.) He got normal
signal out of the analog tap, but NO signal from the
DVI side. This was with an LCD panel monitor, plus
appropriate cabling. DOS apps were not at issue, as
this took place much earlier, trying to boot an OS.
(There are at least 3 OSes he could boot, for testing
purposes.) I'm sure there are probably more than one
possible explanation for this. Their site's server
keeps going down, so I have not heard any update on
this issue yet. (If necessary, I could email that
poster directly.)

 Jordan