Nota Bene

I offer the following as an innocuous inquiry, not as a challenge. I have used XyDos since 1981, first as a professional journalist, later an author and teacher. At the moment I'm shelling out to DOS through W98 and am happy with XyDos 4.018. But the enthusiasm here for Note Bene has me curious. And I wonder why the long-time XyWriters who have switched, or have added Note Bene as a second WP, have done so. I've followed some of the discussion of some of the quirks and glitches, some of the purchasing and delivery problems. But beyond these, in general what makes the program a good alternative, or, substitute? Thanks.

Michael Norman