Re: mac filing system

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:15 AM, David Rosenthal mailto:davidrosenthal@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Fred,

> Lisa, that's been my trade-off: Sacrifice true full screen, but get access
> to the OpSys plus many other enhancements via U2. DosBox is just that:  An
> impenetrable box (although I did work out a method for printing, which I'll
> tell you about if you want to know). Besides, who's to say you won't figure

I'd very much like to hear (in as much detail as your willing to give) how you worked out printing from within DosBox; I've been having  a hard time printing from Vista.

Best regards,

David

I'm not sure the scheme I've worked out for printing from DosBox--which involves mounting the Mac desktop as a drive in DosBox and saving the file as a PostScript there by running it through postghst.prn; then using Mac's native preview.app to convert it to PDF and print, most of that on the XyWrite side automated via the keyboard file--would be helpful in Vista. But I'm sure that the U2 frame TYP would do the job for you; there's plenty of documentation around including detailed instructions in U2's help. Try it; you'll like it. FW.