Printing Column Table borders

Anyone know of an HP printer driver that will print the borders of Column
Tables in Xy4.18 for DOS to an HP DeskJet 800 series? I've tried the
LJ2P.4-Plus, LJ-4L, and DJ560C and Robert's DJ660C drivers. The last two
managed to print the lefthand border and the line between rows for the
first of three columns, but no more. I suspect I have to play around with
fonts and symbol sets (HP, IIRC, had its own code mapping for line
drawing chars, different from the IBM standard), but thought I would ask
if anyone else had coped with this problem. TIA.
Patricia