Re: R: Printing A5

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:17:35 +0100

> Unfortunately, this is the same goal Bill Gates has in mind for Windows:
> make people completely slave, and unable to drive their computer.

But the truly amazing thing is that there actually ARE people -- thoughtful
people even -- who use it! I am often reminded, by this and many other current
events, of a moment in Istvan Svabo's amazing film _Mephisto_, when the
protagonist (Klaus Maria Brandauer), on the day Hitler is elected Chancellor, is
visited by all his friends, who are packing their bags for Paris; and at length he
explodes and says something to the effect, "I'm German! Are all Germans supposed
to leave Germany? Elections, what's so important about elections, they happen all
the time!"

Frankly, I'd pack my bags.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx