Harry's Basic program

Harry, I found this on Xysearch when you wrote a program expecially for me.
    Re: capital search

  Subject: Re: capital search
  From: Harry Binswanger mailto:hb@xxxxxxxxhb@xxxxxxxx
  Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:56:41 -0400

  Suggestion: since xy files are (almost) pure ascii, why not program what you want in perl and run it as a child process out of XyWrite? Perl deals with regular-_expression_ wildcards, ascii ranges, etc., and would seem to be ideal for text tweaks that XyWrite's XPL doesn't handle.

 Morris: Here's a kludgey idea that would work: I can write and compile a BASIC program that would identify whether a letter is a cap, and if it is, put a unique symbol (such as ^) before it. Then when you open the file in Xy, you'd run an XPL program to stop at every ^, and then the pgm would give you options of what to do with it, and wipe out the ^ (or you could do a ci /^// yourself when satisfied all is right).

I'd be happy to write the program for you if you are interested.

Harry Binswanger
mailto:hb@xxxxxxxxhb@xxxxxxxx

    Do you still have a copy of this program.

                    With thanks

                    Morris