From: flash
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 4:43 AM
Subject: Re: Windows 10

Greetings Paul,

I do not know a simple way to circumvent the inquisition before you
get to actually use the OS. Be advised that the default position is
for any and all apps to phone home and report usage to MS; you have to
explicitly de-activate the function for each app separately, as far as
I can tell at this juncture.

MS claims that the information is anonymized. Be advised that several
studies have demonstrated that it is ridiculously easy to un-anonymize
the information, which is to say, to identify you personally starting
from your IP address, which leads down a virtual rabbit-hole from your
service provider to your name, home address, phone number, date of
birth, etc. etc.

Be advised that MS mandates mandatory updates in Win10. Google the
string "how to stop Win10 auto update" to see a list of links how to
stop it. Or visit my own page on how to put a stop to it:

http://www.flashq.de/win10-stop-updates.html

Do let me know how you get on with XY in Win 10. I presume some sort
of virtual DOS environment is required. Simply double-clicking on the
editor.exe file triggered an error message on my Win10 machine.