Re: Making mode commands symmetrical (or should I say complementary?)

Paul Lagasse  wrote:

> In my keyboard file, CTRL+b causes highlighted text to be so formatted;
> I've not done anything to the key so this must be the standard command.
>
> CTRL+B will also set ≪MD+BO≫ when first struck and then set ≪MD-BD≫
> when struck further down in the file.
>
> The key is coded 48=XH,JM,(,B,o,l,d,).

Thank you very much. I've just plugged this into my keyboard file, and
it works as advertised. I guess since it seems to call the menu system,
it is probably less sophisticated than any solution devised by Carl, but
as it seems to do the job, that's fine by me.

Prompted by your hint, I now have looked at the standard keyboard file
for Xy4 (dated 1993, which I still have sitting in my Editor directory
but haven't used in yonks), and found the lines for some other modes:

XH,JM,(,U,n,d,e,r,)
XH,JM,(,I,t,a,l,i,c,)
XH,JM,(,S,u,b,)
XH,JM,(,S,u,p,e,r,)