Table SPEEDOS and Func WZ

Running XyW 4.017 under Windows 98 (1st ed.) with 128 Mb of RAM,
Properties of the XyW shortcut pif set to the following:
Memory: Conventional, auto; Initial environment, auto; EMS, 7168; XMS,
Auto; DPM, auto.
Screen: Window (but if I switch to WYSIWG mode, the screen automatically
switches to full screen and the pif gets changed if I exit in that state)
Initial size, Default
Display toolbars, Restore settings on exit, Fast ROM emulation, and
dynamic memory allocation all checked.
With that setup, when I try to view TABLE SPEEDOS, and command FUNC WZ,
Xy crashes with a memory overwrite error from Gates' garbage. (I have
looked over the archive fairly closely, and it seems that the /E4000
switch only works in Win2K and XP, no? There is no file called cmd.exe
anywhere on a Win9x system.) I tried loading my dot-matrix printer
driver, thinking the large Postscript driver (post47.prn, which I think
may be buggy anyway: I've had problems creating PDFs with it, but have
never taken the time to investigate, just switched to XyWin and used the
HP driver). But it still crashed. Any suggestions? Or is this just
typical Redmond sludge?
By the by, all that discussion of pifs and memory settings a while ago
solved a BIG problem for me, and thanks are long overdue. I do database
in Borland's dBase 5 for DOS, which uses DPMS memory, Borland proprietary
implementation. Compiled DBOs would run fine under Win 9x, but trying to
compile .PRGs to .DBOs (and one must: that version of dBase simply
doesn't run in interpreted mode) inevitably caused a memory allocation
error and no DBO. One had to boot into DOS, load the mouse driver, and
compile from a pure DOS dBase session. After reading all that about pifs,
I changed the DPMS tab in the pif for dBase from AUTO to whatever was
next above 8 Mb (Borland's spec) and lo and behold, I can compile within
Windows (even on the laptop, with its measily 24 Mb total RAM). Many,
many thanks, guys.
Patricia