Re: File that won't print to the end

You say you have exported the file as "ascii text and it prints to the
end." To the end in what program? Did you in fact call up the now ASCII
file into Xy4 and print through it? If not, it would perhaps be useful
to do so as an experiment, although quite frankly I very much suspect
you will now find the file prints to the end.

Paul Breeze wrote:

I have a file which I have been working on for the past week in XY3. yesterday it printed fine but today, after some editing and addition of text it will only print the first three pages of five. I have tried switching to XY4; that prints the first four pages of five. XYWin will print the whole document using Windows printer. The only complexity in the document is a counter [cd0=1] and a series of [c0]s to label chapters, (this is a synopsis) but even when I remove all these it still behaves in the same way when printing. I have imported the file in WP and then exported as ascii text and it prints to the end. I assume I have managed to place something in the file that is stopping the printing but I have no idea what. I have tried looking through the file with LIST.COM but cannot see anything. Does anybody have any advice for this situation? Thanks Paul Breeze
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup