Re: Mac and Xy

Robert (Holmgren) wrote:
--- also, just for the fun of thumbing my nose at Apple's insistence that I use
their hardware, I installed Tiger (which is a LOT less
resource-hungry than Leopard) as the base OS on a three year old
Thinkpad T60 (after wiping Windows). It runs fine.
I know this is Off Topic, but could you explain how you did this? Is
there anything special about it? I've only installed Windows, DOS or
Linux on PCs, and OS X on Macs.
I've seen a little netbook on eBay that was supposed to be running OS
X, and I wondered how they did it.
The only Windows computer I have on hand is one of those HP TX25xx
things with the swiveling touch screen that can lie flat on the
keyboard, but I can't sacrifice it to an experiment right now. [ It
works wonderfully as an electronic sheet music book when it runs
MusicReader and has a footpedal forward/backward USB mouse-substitute-
thingy. ]

Myron