Re: Getting Xy4Dos Up & Running on T61 with XP-Pro

** Reply to message from Peter Goldberger
 on Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:41:06 -0400

Sometimes STARTUP.INT just crashes Editor, for no obvious reason
at all. It happens especially on my computers when I haven't
rebooted the whole machine for a long time. Memory gets goofed
up or something. The workaround, in this case (but not in the
case of a bad command in STARTUP), is to simply REName
STARTUP.INT as STARTUP.HLD. Then INT doesn't autorun at launch.
Editor will come up plain vanilla. You'll have the default
keyboard, so hit F5 and command
 RUN STARTUP.HLD
If it runs, then you've got a temporary problem. Start Editor
that way a few times, then try to REName HLD back to INT.
Always works for me.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx