Re: Planned obsolescence

On 11/25/97 at 10:19 AM,
  Leslie Bialler  said (in so many words):

<- Thanks. I don't consider myself to be in league with the Luddite
<- movement, either. I simply happen to believe that just because
<- something _can_ be done it _needs_ to be done.

I realize that Luddite, used like this, is just a tag. But the historic
Luddites deserve better than what their enemies said about them. They
had it more right than wrong--you can read Hobshawn on them. I use
Luddite as a term of praise.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Bad cooks...have delayed human development longest and impaired it most.
	--Nietzsche
"What would life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?"
            -Rev. Sydney Smith, letter to young lady, 22 July 1835

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103