Re: On button, & straight to the Command Line

At 11:57 AM 12/14/00 -0500, Leslie Bialler wrote:
>The best way to run _any_ DOS version of XyWrite under Win 9x, NT, or (I
>would suppose) ME is to go to My Computer, right click on the editor icon,
>click on create shortcut, drag the icon to the desktop, and click on it: you
>are in business.

Can you repeat that for us non-experts? I do not see any "editor icon" in
"My Computer".
What do you mean?

>Trying any other approach (such as, but not limited to,
>opening the program in a DOS Window or running the program in DOS only mode)
>will create conditions that, as Alice observed when regarding bottles marked
>poison, are likely to disagree with you sooner or later.

I find that things work fine once I had found out how to make the DOS
window read my own path statement. Are there other problems?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)