Re: OT: DOS booting

> >They get big bucks for the version that also
> >provides write capability. (I wouldn't rule  >
out the possibility that someone, somewhere

--- Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> There is one: ntfs-4dos. Unfortunately, I so
> far haven't been able to download it.

Harry (and anyone else who may be interested) --

An online search turned up these two download links

http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_9_90_11100.html
 or
http://www.free-av.com/antivirus/allinonen.html

but many others where the program has been removed,
presumably because Avira has bought up the company
that provided it, along with their other recent
acquisitions. (Shades of Symantec. Guess this is not
a U.S.-only phenomenon.) According to both sites,
this is version 1.8, however the file sizes are
different. I am unfamliar with the two sites above,
and cannot vouch for them, so it may be a good idea to
run the downloads through your A-V and anti-spyware
programs.

Jordan