Re: odd tabular DOC difference -- XY3 vs. 4

At 05:19 PM 1/1/01 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>Ever since its earliest version, years ago, I have continued to
>edit this file in III+ rather than 4. Despite having all (?) the
>relevant defaults in SETTINGS.DFL set to emulate the 3+ file
>standards, when I open this file in XyDOS 4, it does not line up
>properly onscreen, and the printout won't be right either. I
>have tried manually changing triangles to DI and LI -- not sure

Sounds strange! I have lots of files of the type you describe (I use this
format for language glossaries) and they were all started in XY3 and are
continued in XY4. Never seen the problem you describe. Really stupid
question up front: In addition to editing the tab space triangle to "di",
did you also make the corresponding change in the settings.dfl file?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)