Re: XYCONS in PNG format

J R FOX wrote:

I don't use XP enough to really know about this, but
I've gotten the impression that W2K may have more
limitations regarding icons than XP does, and perhaps
this has some distant relevance to what you've run
into.
As what I'm wrestling with now is Vista, I don't quite see the
relevance. I can use any of the old Xy icons with W2K and XP.
Yes, folders BBG does try to force you to use a folder icon for,
though in Vista I was able to assign a different one. Just not to
a DOS app (Xy), though I haven't tried various workarounds (like,
perhaps, having the shortcut be to command.com editor.exe, with
appropriate toggles/switches, as Carl documented here a while back).
 These folks make their
living, such as it is, by following the Woolly Mammoth
around, while trying not to get stepped on.

Very good!

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscameg@xxxxxxxx