Re: Holes in dfl files

Harry Binswanger wrote:
When you originally posted on this I did
the SEarch and found several offending "holes" in settings.dfl.
Yes, I discovered it by chance. Had a system that, though ancient (P1 MMX 140 or so) and running W98 Initial release, was acting like XP as far as jerky keyboard action was concerned: I'd hit my BC key (F5), start typing what was intended as a command, and find it in the text of my doc, because my cursor was still in text for an appreciable number of seconds. Or vice versa. One day I was making a change to Settings.dfl and happened to spot a "hole." So I searched for others, found a few dozen (I think the keyboard lag had contributed: every time I edited settings.dfl, a couple of Enter keystrokes were made in the text that were intended for the Command Line), cleaned them out, and the keyboard resumed its normal behavior. Since then I do periodic checks--esp. given my lousy typing.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx