Re: Windows vs DOS XyWrite vs the future?

Q: are there any cons to running XyWin under OS/2?

Maybe a fiew. I run a high resolution, svga monitor at 1024x768. At that
resolution, the 'search and replace' and 'replace' dialog boxes cause the
XyWin to crash. There is a simple fix to the XyWin.DLG file which fixes this
problem. Also, at high resolution under OS/2, dialogue boxes which normally are
centered on the screen pop up left-aligned instead of centered.

The plusses, of course, are that when XyWin crashed (which it does, from time
to time, as do most Windoze Apps), a couple of mouse clicks/key strokes will
terminate the offending program and you can continue without a reboot.

As an aside, I'm a beta-tester for OS/2 Warp, and its GREAT! An order of
magnitude improvement over OS/2 2.1. XyWin and XyDOS both work like a charm.