Re: Iago, Mary-Land and schwa

Lee, Carl... any more linguists on this list? I trained at U. of Mich. in
the late 60s under a bunch of Chomskyans plus Kenneth Pike, J. C. Catford,
Halle, Jakobson, and others (including, I think, Labov at a summer institute
in Ann Arbor). Didn't get to use much of it till I landed in a company doing
spell checking, dictionary, and other reference products in the mid-90s.

Identify yourselves! BTW, there's a linguist mailing list that's very active
and has, among the announcements of meetings and abstruse treatises on exotic
verb forms, some interesting discussions on linguistic/social issues of the
day (Ebonics, the English-only movement, etc.) If there's enough interest,
I'll post the address here (or e-mail me privately at tbaehr@xxxxxxxx).

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx