Re: XW and XP Pro

--- Michael Norman  wrote:

> At 10:58 PM 12/9/2006, Carl Distefano wrote:
> > The answer, if all else fails (and maybe even if it
> >doesn't), is to upgrade to Nota Bene for Windows. Cheap, it isn't,
> >and the academic paraphernalia may be overkill for the typical XyWin
> >user, but the editing engine is XyWrite to the core, and, in its
> >current iteration, version 8, it purrs. If the question is which
> >version of XyWin will run reliably on XP, the answer is NB8.
>
> I can't find an old post of Robert's (perhaps off-list to me, perhaps
> in the archives) that I THINK shows what files/templates to strip
> from nb.ini (???) to get rid of that "overkill" and leave us with, as
> you say, just the basic engine.
>
> michael.norman@xxxxxxxx

I've just upgraded & installed NB version 8. I, too, would love to have
simple instructions on exactly how / what to load & change to get the
basic engine.

I'd like to keep my keyboard as close to what I have now in Xy as
possible, knowing I'll have to change my Alt save/get table to
something else.

Lisa Kleinholz
www.kleinholz.com