hope...

Hello,

Although I have used XyWwrite almost since its inception, I thought it
was, alas, dead. Last night I was recalling my couple of trips to
XyQuest tech. support, with my computer in the car... Well, on impulse
I searched the web and found this list.

I hope this question isn't out-of-line (since it's a list and not a
newsgroup, I can't look back through the msgs--unless the list is
archived somewhere, is it?).

I'm running Windows 2000, and I have XyWrite 3+ on the machine. (I
have 4.0 somewhere, and somewhere else I probably have Signature, as I
was one of the many beta-testers when they pulled the plug). My
computer is in a house I am building, and the actual disks for XyWrite
are in boxes somewhere and I can't find them, at least not now. And
XyWrite 3+ doesn't run quite right. And here's the question.

When I run Editor.exe in a maximized DOS window, XyWrite loads in only
the top half the screen. How do I get it to load full-screen?

A subsidiary question involves the DOS window--and here I haven't done
my homework. But in Windows 2000, I open a full-screen DOS window at
1024x768 pixels and run Editor.exe. When XyWrite loads it shrinks the
window to the normal maximized size (about 3/5ths of the screen). It
has been years and years since I've written macros or changed
Startup.Int. And my manual is also in some box somewhere (there are
dozens and dozens and dozens of boxes I can't open until I get the
study built) Can anyone remind me of which commands set the screen
size in Start.Int?. Or is there some other way to manage full-screen
operation?

So if anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate them. Oh,
and might 4.0 work better on a windows machine; do people prefer it?
??? I know I was disappointed with it when it first came out, but that
is several historical periods of computer-time ago.

It is a pleasure to know that out there somewhere enthusiasm for this
wonderful tool lives on! And I am grateful for any help that flows
this way.

--Ed Germain

--Ed Germain
egermain@xxxxxxxx