Length of command line in Xy4DOS

Dear Xyquestrians:

In a normal DOS setup, the maximum length of the XyWrite command line is
about 78 characters, right? Is this a limit that is inherent in the
program, or is it only imposed by the DOS screen width? In other words,
if I use one of those old DOS screen font utilities that allow more than
80 characters width, will the command line be extended accordingly?

I'd like to know this because I have a job coming up where I will want to
do search and replace of longer strings quite frequently. Alternatively,
is there a Xy utility for this kind of thing? (I have to admit that I am
currently not using any of the add-on packages such as SmartSet or
Enhance, whose authors are members of this list, so if this feature is
part of any of them, please let me know and I'll check them out.)

Thanks for any hints.

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@xxxxxxxx