Re: XyWrite and C (in the 21st century)

I agree with Robert on this. What I want is a windows version of XY4
and NBWin comes very close now. NBWin is not perfect but it does most
things I need it to do and integrates with Windows much more smoothly
than XY3 or XY4. If there are things that don't seem right, tell NB.
They have already cleaned up a couple of features for me but they work
on the basis of user demand so if only one person asks for something
difficult they probably won't spend much time on it.

Paul Breeze

Robert Holmgren wrote:
It's pointless to dream about a "new" XyWrite, or a new program
that does essentially the same things. An incredibly complex
program like XyWrite takes (took!) YEARS to create and debug. Writing a word processor requires a very high level of skill,
and tens of thousands of hours. NOBODY is going to undertake
that from scratch.

NBWin, built upon XyWrite, *is* the new XyWrite! What do you
want from a new XyWrite that NBWin doesn't deliver?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx