Re: Various virtual machines compared

Kari, have you migrated any of your solutions to Win 8 ? I am trying
it out . . . my first impressions are that it is a shizophrenic
system, split between Metro and a reluctant Win 7. However, it is
definitely more lightweight and perhaps better-programmed than Win 7
and may prove a better platform for the future. I have seen
instructions to get Virtual XP running,

http://lifehacker.com/5965889/how-to-run-windows-xp-for-free-in-windows-8
- - NB this is FREE

and

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/install-windows-xp-in-windows-8-client-hyper-v/6732

(I don't yet have Win8 Pro, so apparently can't try Hyper-V yet)

and there is also the possibility of FreeDOS along with Virtual Box
or similar.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=VirtualBox

It does seem as if there is a solution out there - - and I only wish
I had more time at the moment to try them all. I've been searching
this list for freedos, but it doesn't seem that anyone has actually tried it?