Re: Migrating to Mac

One thing I neglected to mention about the vDosMac download when I
posted it here: you can use it to print to any printer that you use with
your Mac.

Essentially, this system is the same as my vDosWPMac system, but without
WordPerfect installed, and with a few other WP-specific refinements
removed. Details are here:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/vdoswpmac.html

You'll have to experiment with printing, as I've never tested this with
XyWrite, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work. Just type this at
the vDosMac DOS prompt as an experiment

dir > lpt1

Again, this comes with absolutely no support, except for this one hint:
Create a folder named XY4 in the vDosDisk folder of your home folder
(that folder is created by vDosMac), and copy the contents of your
existing XyWrite folder into that new XY4 folder. Then launch editor.exe
from C:\XY4 at the vDosMac prompt. I haven't tried this, but it
presumably will work.

Anyone capable of using XyWrite can use this system. After you copy your
XyWrite folder into the folder I've identified above, it requires
absolutely no further setup, though of course you can modify it by
editing config.txt and autoexec.txt as in any vDos system.