Re-opening files (Robert's response) -Reply

I too enjoy fiddling with stuff in my day-to-day use of XyWrite.
One of the first things I did when I got Xy 4.0 and XyWin was to
tear into the DLG file to glean any new goodies. I modified my
MNU file to put a menu entry called "Stuff", with a pull-down
list of custom routines: Calling up a phone number list, pulling
up templates for memos and letters, splitting the screen in two
for file comparison purposes, and the like.

I tried for the longest time to find a way to save the a list of
files between sessions so that I could come back on Monday and
choose to re-open one of the files I'd been working on the
previous Friday. I fiddled with the dialogue files, tried
storing s/g's to a file, tried writing changes to the
Settings.DFL file, all in vain. I never got it to work, so I gave
up. I'd be real interested to see how you manged such a feat.

Steve