Re: XPMode Question

I guess I'm the big XP Mode booster here, and have been using it smoothly for a long time. But
all I can say is that I feel your pain. I have never been able to get XP Mode to see anything
in the Windows 7 computer. It seems to be walled off by itself.

I also, when I want to send off the finished documents via email, need to export
them to Windows 7. I do that by having another XY folder within Windows 7, C:\XY. When
I've finished writing in XY4 in XP Mode, this is in my .kbd file under TABLE=CTRL for CTRL-C. It
copies the file into the Win7 C:\XY.
46=BXs,a,/,n,v, ,\,\,t,s,c,l,i,e,n,t,\,c,\,x,y,Q2

For my purposes, not having access to files on the Win7 computer from XY is not a problem.
XY4 runs in a window and my browser and other programs run in Win7. I can
clip text from XY4 outward and text from Win7 into XY4.

If you have files in Win7 that you regularly need available to XY, then for a brute-force,
space-wasting workaround, you could simply copy the data folders you need from Win7 into the XP Mode
desktop. Transfer in that direction is easy.

Then again, when I tried VPC and could enable sharing, it took forever--minutes, not seconds--to
transfer anything in or out of the virtual machine. Sometimes it timed out before succeeding. I
don't remember how sharing worked in DOSBox, but it only allowed two open windows in XY4. I haven't
tried VMWare; perhaps that is workable.

If any of your XP Mode references does give you a way for XP Mode to view the host computer, please
pass it on.

Jon Pareles